- The purpose of this position is to provide all aspects of database administration for multiple databases in a 7x24 production environment.
- The resource in this position will handle the day-to-day database administration for Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle environments. This will include, but not limited to, troubleshooting production issues, participate in application development deployments, assists in development lifecycle, space allocation and management, optimization, backup, recovery, DB instance performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, standards identification and compliance, ensuring a high-level of reliability and availability for database management systems.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for database related problems.
Desired Profile Required Skills for SQL DBA:
- Experience in database and database internals, with strong focus in SQL Server technologies. For example, experience in SQL Server versions 2012 and 2014, high availability solutions, clustering, SCOM, SSIS, working knowledge of technologies impacting database solutions including storage and replication.
- Experience in supporting a large portfolio.
- Experience in Windows server operating systems.
- Experience of scripting in Windows or PowerShell. Strong SQL &TSQL skill.
- Experience in Performance Tuning
Required Skills for Oracle DBA:
Experience in database and database internals, with strong focus in Oracle technologies. For example, experience in Oracle versions 11g and 12c, Data Guard, Streams, Golden Gate, SharePlex, high availability solutions (RAC), OEM, working knowledge of technologies impacting database solutions including storage and replication. Support for PeopleSoft applications. Experience in supporting a large portfolio. Knowledge of Exadata, Oracle DBM, and/or ASM a plus.
Experience in UNIX (AIX and Linux) and Windows operating systems.
Experience of scripting in Perl, UNIX shell, Windows, or PowerShell. Strong SQL & PL/SQL skill.
Experience in Performance Tuning