Purpose of role :
- The role is responsible and accountable for the leadership of the purchasing team tasked with the co-ordination of inbound supply to meet production schedules and maintaining appropriate levels of inventory to closely support the business & meeting KPI metrics.
- Manage the call off of goods and services from suppliers under contracts set up by the Procurement Team. Establish appropriate SLA's between suppliers and internal stakeholders in order to maintain product supply within Global Supply Chain.
- Develop &/or maintain active supplier management processes, delivering assurance that the company receives quality product, in full and on time. The role will track and deliver regular supplier, inventory and service reports.
- Support the Supply Planning Team in providing root cause analysis in out of stock investigation and management. Additionally to provide support and advice in process improvement and documentation, as well as data collation across a number of systems to key stakeholders ensuring accuracy and integrity of the data.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role :
- Leadership of the purchasing team and their activities to support the functions within Global Supply Chain and their respective requirements. This includes support to plant purchasing and guidance to all people involved in purchasing activities.
- Act as Key Plant Supplier interface and being as first port of call for all supplier interface issues.
- The role will act as the Contract Accountable Manager on a day to day basis with suppliers and to support in selection and assessment of local suppliers in conjunction with Procurement Market Sector lead as required.
- Support key business initiatives, including Supply projects as required.
- Contribute to the Business Management framework and Sales Operations Inventory Planning (SOIP) Processes
- Develop systematic ways of working with Purchasing Network in A&P, all external suppliers & with the Manufacturing teams.
- The role will be responsible for monitoring performance, identifying underlining trends and ensuring that Inventory and Supply KPIs
- Establish metrics to monitor and report delivery of operating targets and to promote continuous improvement.
- Optimizing purchasing patterns to deliver cash targets
- Support the Planning Team by building key stakeholder relationship ensuring developed. This will be done by maintaining a customer focus for decision making.
- To work with regional procurement hubs teams as well as Market sector managers to assist in periodically running local/sub regional tendering events, helping with data collation, supplier review, pricing analysis and tender award outcomes.
Experience & Expertise (mandatory & desired) :
Education and qualifications :
- Degree qualified preferably Engineer
- Formal supply chain qualification degree or diploma would be highly regarded
Essential skills, knowledge and experience (nature) :
- Minimum 3 years in business or Supplier Management experience
- Experience in Purchase order management
- Strong customer service focus
- A demonstrated capability in problem solving techniques.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence others to achieve desired outcomes.
- The ability to think laterally and develop new concepts.
Desired skills, knowledge and experience (nature) :
- APICS certification highly desirable with experience in demand planning
- Ability to work within a team environment both in country and in Asia Pacific region
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Confident, able to communicate clearly and escalate issues
- High degree of resilience
- International Purchasing experience
- Able to travel (domestic)
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Ability to cope with fast paced, changing environments
- Ability to build rapport and influence at all levels, both internally and externally of BP
Technical Competencies :
- Supplier Performance Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Demand Management
- Supplier Approval
- Order & Inventory Optimization
- Safety Leadership
- Commercial Acumen