Coordination, tracking and implementation of a selected group of major projects across, alerting senior management of potential conflicts and proposing solutions.
- Detailed direction and implementation of specified projects, ensuring adherence to schedule, budget and functional targets. Implement initiatives by identifying and resolving project queries. Take forward any unresolved cross-functional resourcing issues to the appropriate Senior Management forum for resolution.
- Manage assigned projects and assist in the implementation of initiatives
- Plan and deliver projects, manage elements of major projects proposed and being implemented by various
- To understand the "big picture", while not losing sight of important details.
- Monitor the progress of all tasks, to identify variance of actual progress against plan and to take appropriate action
- To be willing and proactive in taking on whatever task is necessary to allow the project to move forward (i.e. shows initiative and a "can do" attitude).
- Identify, report and manage project risks.
- To improve the project methodology, using each project as an exercise to identify and recommend suggested changes or improvements.
- Be responsible for ensuring that any changes are acceptable to the business and are implemented as planned.
- Develop and implement a solid framework for managing projects a project management methodology.
A graduate / post graduate with 5 - 8 years experience in managing several PMO projects in Banking or any Industry. Should be working in PMO (Project management Office) team on the Functional side and currently designated as AM / Manager. PMP / Prince2 preferred. Technical Project Managers / IT Infrastructure Managers are not suitable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Strong Project Management skills with working knowledge of standard PM tools like Clarity, Sharepoint, etc
- Excellent knowledge of a range of project management techniques and principles
- Proactive and diligent so that "surprises" are very rarely encountered and responds energetically if there are any.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and articulately as a team member with management and staff at all levels.
- Able to assimilate a large amount of information and make effective decisions on a wide range of issues.
- A strong desire to achieve outstanding customer service.
- Creative/ Innovative thinking/problem solving.