1) Concept layout review
2) Derive & signoff System design specification
3) Design calculation of engine subsystem & components
4) Interaction with CAE/CFD/ NVH / Performance simulation teams for analysis, review of results
5) Review of engineering drawings
6) System lead for powertrain system
7) Interface analysis
8) Develop competency of team in analytical & simulation tools like AVL - Excite, GT-suite
9) Resolution of field failure issues
10) Creating Design guidelines & checksheets
1) Hands on experience on UG, Design of Diesel Engine components (crankcase, crankshaft,camshaft, cylinder head)
2) Over-all Engine , Engine Sub-systems and Components Design: Keeps pace with emerging trends and related application.
3) 3D modelling and 2D drg preperation
4) Strong fundamentals of GD&T and Tolerance stack up analysis
5) Proficient in base level calculations for engine components and systems
6) Should be able to interpret CAE / CFD results & suggest required corrective actions
7) Ability to Absorb latest Technology and forming basis for up-coming Projects.
8) prepares Virtual validation matrix based on component level design changes
9) Should have good knowledge of manufacturing processes & Design requirement for the same
10) Knows failure mode of engine components & DFMEA process
11) Good understanding of Design For Assembly (DFA), Design for Service (DFS)
12) Should have good product knowledge (tractor / off highway).