Candidate to have about 10 to 14 years of experience in quality function in preferably engines machining and assembly quality activities. Candidate should have exposure in latest quality systems and certifications. Candidate should be a lead auditor of ISO 9000:2008 and internal auditor of TS 16949. Candidate should have user level exposure to TQM / TPM. A Green belt 6 Sigma qualification shall be preferred.
Candidate should have good knowledge of process and end quality audits.
The candidate should be well versed with integrated quality management systems QMS addressing the requirements of ISO & TS 16949.
Candidate would be responsible for
Improve on first time OK for machining and assembly processes.
Reduce Zero KM issues due to manufacturing processes.
Drive and Implement the Poka Yoke Culture in Manufacturing systems and processes.
Work closely with Business excellence manager for implementation of TS 16949 / Quality Systems in Machining , Assembly and testing area.
Work closely with Cylinder Block/ Cyl. Head Roughing and Semi Finished Supplier BOSF)
Develop and review process documentation and control plans for machine shop and assembly
Achieve total product quality by successful implementation of QMS, product, actions accordingly.
Work closely and co-ordinate with the Incoming and SQA group for assembly BOF components and raw castings. Develop a review mechanism, monitor, highlight issues and get CAPA in place.
Co-ordinate with CFTs for FMEA, PPAP and process capability studies.
Actively contribute as a part of fast track CFT for reducing Field Quality issues.
Establish and Run Product Audit system.
Maintaining and enhancing the Metrology Lab. And Measurement systems.
Ensuring G8d methodology is deployed across manufacturing Quality organization for all the Quality issues.
Guide the Manufacturing Quality team for critical issues resolution.
Training the Manufacturing team on various tools and techniques as well as systems and manufacturing processes.
Quality Planning and Systems:
- Quality function deployment in manufacturing quality
- To develop the quality strategy and policy to ensure business excellence in manufacturing quality
- Optimize Manufacturing quality assurance systems in line with industry best practices.
- To harness quality measurement and maintenance techniques which are contemporary (TQM, TPM, cross functional teams, why why analysis, SPC techniques, TS16949, VDA etc.), working knowledge of MINITAB
- To facilitate quality / TPM circles / CFT to facilitate continuous quality improvements throughout the business activity.
Product & Process Quality:
- To undertake process oriented and product oriented quality planning in tune with market and customer requirements.
- Interact and coordinate with SQA cell and in-house process owners for continuous product quality and process capability enhancement.
- To continuously monitor quality of products, processes & services to ensure compliance with global Standards.
- Overall exposure to quality assurance and supplier quality.
- Continuous quality improvements and continuous cost reduction.
- To attend and resolve internal and external customer complaints.
Candidate should have prior experience of having implemented quality norms in manufacturing set up .
Excellent Process Product Audit skills
Hands on experience on APQP, G8D, SPC, Seven QC tools etc.
Excellent technical know how on Diesel and gasoline Engine systems
Strong Understanding and Hands on knowledge of various change management tools such as TPM , TQM, Lean, Six Sigma etc.
Must be an excellent trainer and facilitator