1.Creates Computer Aided Product Designs (CAD) in Unigraphics or Catia environment whichever interfaces best with the customer system.
2. Creates Product Ideas/architectures during pre-development and for open hole RFQ.
3. Benchmarks existing products through Scanning and CFT assessment.
4. Develops and/or reviews Design Proposals based on Best Practices and Design for Manufacturability (DFM).
5. Creates 2D Drawings of all components incl. BOP
6. Maintains Drawing Revision History starting with signed LOI or Project Order.
7. Updates entire Project CFT when a new Drawing Revision is available (aligned with DCR).
8. Creates the Bill of Material (BOM) and provides it to COSTING.
9. Actively aligns the design with QM (requirements, standards, etc.), PE (DFM, etc.) VDD (Vendor know how, feedback, etc.) and
PM (updated customer inputs, etc.)
10. Design and Outsourcing of Prototypes (SLA, Lit MockUp, etc.) according to Development timeline and targets.
11. Perform DFMEA
1. Identifying training needs of the design team
2. Approving leaves of design team as per policy
3. Doing appraisals of the design team
4. Preparing KRA of design team and evaluating them at a stipulated period of time
Desired candidate profile
Should have good command over Unigraphics, CATIA, CAD
Candidate should be from automotive plastic/background
Btech/B.E./ (mechanical)/CIPET from any recognized university and institute
He should be a self motivated individual having excellent communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
Positive attitude and Team work
Good communication skills.