The responsibilities set out below provide an overall outline of the position as per company's job description. They are subject to the general terms of employment stated by company and to directions given by the Director Supply Chain.
Purpose of the job
Manage people, processes and systems to ensure productivity targets are met and oversee the maintenance of warehouse and labour management systems.
Ensure workplace Health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and the inventory.
Manage teams of workers through the use of team leaders and supervisors and deal with personnel issues such as the recruitment, training and discipline of staff.
* Liaise with suppliers and transport companies;
* Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods;
* Plan the efficient utilisation of space and mechanical handling equipment, ensuring quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met;
* Have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these;
* Coordinating the use of automated and computerised systems where utilised;
* Keeping stock control systems up to date and ensuring inventory accuracy;
* Planning future capacity requirements;
* Organising the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress;
* Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
* Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
* Briefing team leaders on a daily basis;
* Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
* Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
* Manage the facilities for the assigned location, according to policies and guidelines for facilities management and the local facilities plan, in order to provide facilities that enable employees to do their work properly
* People Management in multi cultural environment
* Computer skills (Microsoft Office & ERP Systems)
* Coordination skills
* Communication skills
* Managerial skills
* Planning and organizing skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Persuasive abilities
* Negotiation skills
* Problem solving and decision making abilities
* Systematic thinking and analytical skills