Candidate Profile Required:
- B.E / B. Tech in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering from an institute/University recognized by UGC/AICTE
- Essential: 1420 years of hands on experience, Ideal candidate must have at least 810 years experience in construction industry.
Role Objective: As Manager Contract & Purchase the incumbent:-
Key Result Areas
(Set of most critical responsibility areas)
- To devise appropriate procurement strategy, guide project team, develop and drive implementation of procurement/ contract systems and processes within overall organizational philosophy and internal & statutory guidelines with the objective to ensure availability of material on time in the right quantity and quality and manage procurement of project materials, services and also the contract with all contractors effectively and minimum risk/ exposure to the company.
Vendor Database Management and Vendor Development
- Guide consolidation of information in vendor database
- Oversee the new vendor identification, ensure database is constantly updated in order to ensure updated vendor Database with comprehensive information readily available to facilitate vendor selection.
Rate Analysis on the BOQ
- Provide inputs on the BOQ prepared by Project team & consultants and advice project team on price trends & provide rate analysis.
- Provide inputs on the quotations received based on the market.
- Conduct due diligence of the BOQ, scope of work, technical specifications for comprehensiveness & standardization wherever possible.
- Development and maintenance of a generic BOQ with standard costs.
- Identify potential gaps & possible areas for contractor claims to arise in order to mitigate risk & minimize possible Conflicts during project execution.
Tendering, Negotiation and Finalization.
- Monitor and review the tendering process and also conduct such process for high volume purchases.
- Guide the team to ensure preparation of detailed tender document and provide support for finalization and approval of the document.
- Guide the project team for appropriate understanding of terms & conditions in the commercial enquiry floated.
- Collate & conduct detailed comparative assessment & technical evaluation of the vendors (e.g. lifecycle costing of procured equipment).
- Monitor and/or conduct the tender evaluation process (technical and commercial evaluation) and work closely with the project team - technical & finance in order to ensure accuracy of tenders floated and detailed evaluation to enable choice of the right vendor.
- Negotiate with short listed vendors, along with project team, seek & compare price quotations in consultation with the technical & finance team.
- Negotiate rates with vendor; scan wider business climate, external labor market rates, prevalent trends in costs in order to negotiate effectively & contain costs increases due to scope changes.
- Assess appropriate transit plan for procurements in each project.
- Review & comment on Tender Committee (TC) Notes.
- Drafting of contract documents and ensure allied costs of procured items & the entire scope of technical specifications have been considered by the contractor for high value purchases and also overseeing the same for other purchases.
- Provide inputs on the payment terms/ contractor terms & conditions
- Identify possible gaps in the contract documents; negotiate terms & conditions/sharing of the risks and guide the project teams to maintain contractual records & documentation & status change reports
- Act as the 'middle point of contact' for resolution of escalations between the Project team and the Contractors
- Provide inputs to project teams about contractual terms being violated, guide team wrt imposing appropriate contract clauses, terminate non-performing contractors, guide administration of contracts in order to ensure efficient management of contracts
- Renegotiate with contractors to manage scope changes in the middle of the project execution
- Assist Project Team in providing justifications and rationale of negotiated price for the purpose of change order note
(Technical knowledge the person must have)
- Knowledge of core engineering domain as well as commercial domains
- Sound technical knowledge in terms of materials, quality, costing, applicable standards technical specifications of different items of works
- Knowledge of market rates and costing of materials/services for Infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of contract terms & conditions and commercial knowledge in terms of cost estimation of different items of works and taxation /duties.
- Experience in negotiation of Civil/MEP work packages
- Experience in budgeting and cost estimation for Civil/MEP work packages.
- Contracting & contract administration
- Knowledge of basic aspects of finance / commerce
- Knowledge of vendor development/management
- Skills (Technical abilities the person must have) Strong analytical ability
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Planning & co-ordination skills
- Decision making skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Negotiation skills.
- High energy levels.
- Candidates, who demonstrates through performance the required capabilities, will have an opportunity to grow rapidly with the business and manage larger responsibilities within the contracts & purchase vertical.