- Analyzing business transactions and initiatives, partnering with various teams and functioning as an in-house tax advisor
- Researching advanced Indian VAT, Entry Tax/Octroi, Service Tax and Central Excise Tax and other indirect tax issues
- Working with tax authorities and outside advisers as necessary - as part of a global tax team
- Developing and evaluating Indian VAT, Entry Tax/Octroi, Service Tax and Central Excise Tax and other indirect tax planning opportunities and strategies
- Maintaining and communicating knowledge of past, present and potential future Indian indirect tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court decisions
- Assisting in computation and timely payment of VAT, WCT, Entry Tax/Octroi, Excise and Service Taxes and filing of returns
- Continues monitoring of applicability of various state specific transit forms and ensure compliance with the state specific regulatory requirement
- Assisting with managing relationships with outside tax consultants and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis
- Managing and coordinating VAT, Service Tax audits, including audit preparation, responding to document requests, Litigation support etc.
- Providing support to the Indian based accounting team responsible for tax accounting and reconciliations
- Reviewing financial data for proper application of consumption tax laws and advising on development and maintenance of accounting systems which provide tax information required to be reported
- Preparing and managing tax reporting packages for the Indian subsidiaries
- Assisting with managing, coordinating and reviewing Indian tax compliance and reporting obligations including local country statutory account tax provision and related disclosures, corporation tax returns, consumption tax returns, consumption tax reconciliations, etc. Developing recommendations for compliance process improvements.
- Experience in Indirect Taxation / Central Excise / Excise duty / Service Tax
Qualification : Fully qualified CA
Years of experience : 6-10 years