This role provides independent, objective assurance to add value and improve the Company's operations by bringing a systematic and discipline approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the control, risk management, and compliance processes.
1. Planning the annual internal audit plan using risk-based approach.
2. Handle all the issues related to Statutory & Compliance and ensuring adherence to policies and timelines.
3. Planning and conducting operational, financial and compliance audits of the assigned units
4. Presenting and reporting findings to the management and Audit Committee
5. Implementing audit-related initiatives for the units
6. Following up on the implementation of audit recommendations
7. Issue periodic reports to the Committee and management summarising results of internal audit activities
8. Keep the Committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
9. Coordinate with other control and monitoring functions (risk management, compliance, security, legal and external audit)
10. Consider the scope of work of the external auditor and regulators as appropriate for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage to the Company at a reasonable overall cost.
11. Ensuring proper internal controls are instituted on cash including petty cash expenses, daily tallying and counting of cash on hand, ensuring that proper controls are instituted as regards banking of cash collected at clinics, payments made only after checks and balances, instituting proper controls as regards purchases of fixed assets and stocks, ensuring proper checks and balances as regards their custody and safeguards against misuse and theft.
12. Ensuring that banking rights and payment rights are not misused and every payment made is properly checked, authorised and accounted for. Ensuring that any internal control violations are immediately highlighted and escalated.
13. Ensuring that all assets including the ones at the various clinics are properly insured and there is no risk attached .
14. Ensuring and checking that all insurance policies are active and offer adequate coverage and protection.
15. Undertaking periodic stock counts and ensuring that there is no discrepancy between book stock and physical stock.
16. Undertaking cyclical checks and reviews of all functions and aspects of accounting and finance
with regards to adherence to laid down procedures and internal control processes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Good Communication Skills
2. Analytical & Problem Solving skills.
3. Strong technical ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Unwavering ethics and integrity
5. Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, results-oriented business environment.
1. Expertise in the use of Spreadsheets.
2. Expertise in project costing, taxes involved and Knowledge of insurance processes.
3. Expertise in the Procurement and SCM processes.
4. Project Management Skills.
5. Should have a thorough understanding of the costs involved in commissioning sites.