Qualification : LLB & CS
Role Summary / Purpose
This person will very closely across functional leaders to provide leadership in ensuring legal and statutory compliance. He/she will lead and be accountable to set up processes, systems and controls to ensure compliance to various applicable laws and regulations, bringing transparency and oversight to into all relevant processes from manufacturing to fulfillment. The incumbent would also be responsible for handling secretarial function for the company and therefore should be a qualified company secretary. The incumbent would oversee a team as well as liase with legal consultants and Govt/regulatory bodies where required. Functionally, he/she will work closely with Senior leadership team in the company while reporting to CFO in developing processes, rigor and discipline for long term sustainable growth of the company.
- Full ownership of company secretarial matters, board meetings, AGM while working closely with the board and senior leadership of the company.
- Implementation of relevant IT systems to ensure robust compliance to various laws and regulatory requirements.
- Co-ordinate with various functional teams to resolve any bottlenecks and be a business partner to explain the legal aspects for other functional teams and their decisions.
- Review of commercial agreements from legal stand-point with Third Parties, Customers, Vendors etc, towards safeguarding company interests - both commercial and regulatory.
- Liase with External Legal consultants, Statutory auditors (E&Y) Internal auditors (PwC) and implement processes and policies to safeguard company interests while complying to relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensure filing of various returns, (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual) with relevant authorities and maintenance of documents / files in house.
- Support external consultants in cases of any litigation/IP/ Trademark filings/ Cheque bounce cases etc.
- Compliance to acts related to Factory (e.g factories act, Industrial Disputes Act), Labour (e.g. Payment of wages act, Bonus act), retail stores(e.g trade licenses etc.), Corporate law (e.g. legal metrology), Compensation (ESI/PF/Bonus) etc.
- Legal compliance and support related to opening new offices overseas (e.g. Dubai), other south east Asian markets etc.
- Tracking status of existing cases, proceedings etc and ensure timely responses and actions where required.