Post-graduate qualifications in Human Resource Development / Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from recognized institutions.
Experience of at least 6-8 years in areas of function in a supervisory/management position is essential.
Experience in Hospital in similar position is desirable.
1. Human Resource Planning
2. Talent Acquisition
3. Retaining Talent
4. Salary Structuring
5. Performance appraisal
6. Labour laws
7. General Administration and Contract administration
A. Key Roles
1. Formulating Human resource policies and maintaining an HR manual
2. To plan for manpower through sound recruitment guidelines.
3. Plan and implement induction program for all new employees.
4. Plan and implement performance appraisal, replacement and transfer of the staff.
5. To advise and implement on employee salary / wage and benefits to attract and retain a highly motivated staff (promotion policy).
6. Assist other executives to maintain guidelines and high hospital operation standards.
7. To keep up to date with labor law and statutory requirements and ensure compliance by contractors, if appointed.
8. Design training, counseling and development programs for hospital personnel.
9. Maintain policy and procedural manuals, employee records and reports.
10. Participate as a member of the negotiating committee on labor relations and assist in development of pre-negotiation strategies and plans.
11. Establish proper staff grievance handling system.
12. To establish and maintain proper discipline in coordination with all head of departments of the hospital.
13. Handle staff absenteeism.
14. Undertake verification's of credentials of the people due for employment at the institute.
15. Represent the Hospital for all legal matters related to the personnel of the institute.
16. Assist the Medical Director in the HRD matters related to the medical staff.
B. WORKER TRAITS
Self-starter, able to work without supervision, with ability to determine priorities.
Physical mobility and perception to pre-empt any attempts to disrupt smooth working.
Verbal and written communication skills and diplomacy in dealing with government agencies and local bodies.
Organizational ability to host training program, seminars and workshops
Ability to undertake labor negotiations.
Ability to communicate effectively with different agencies.
Ability to evaluate effectively the effects of any action by the respective agencies.
Ability to analyze repercussions of all actions with regards to the progress of the institute.
Diplomacy and flexibility in operations and functions.
c. Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Mobility required to self-assess situations
Should be able to keep cool and calm under pressure and stressful situations.
Hours of work are regular and/or irregular as per need.
To supervise: Asst. Manager Human Resources, Outsourced Services supervisors