1. Promote occupational health and safety within an organization and develop safer and healthier ways of working
2. Inspect workplaces and workplace equipment to ensure they meet safety regulations and to identify hazards and risks
3. Ensure that workplaces conform with organizational procedures and safety standards
4. Work with production engineers and other professionals to ensure the safety of workplace and work practices
5. Ensure personal protective equipment (such as hearing protection, dust masks, safety glasses, footwear and safety helmets), is being used in workplaces according to regulations
6. Ensure hazardous materials are correctly stored
7. Identify and test work areas for potential accident and health hazards, such as toxic fumes and explosive gas-air mixtures, and implement appropriate control measures
8. Ensure an organization is aware of, and complies with, all legislation relating to its duty of care, workplace activities and the use of its plant, equipment and substances
9. Record and report hazards, accidents, injuries and health issues within the workplace
10. Assist with the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions, study possible causes and recommend remedial action
11. Conduct training sessions for management, supervisors and workers on health and safety practices and legislation
12. Assist with the rehabilitation of workers after accidents or injuries and make sure they experience a satisfactory return to work
13. Coordinate emergency procedures, rescues, firefighting and first aid crews
14. Communicate frequently with management to report on the status of occupational health, safety and environment programmes
15. Develop occupational health, safety and environment systems, including policies, procedures and manuals.
16. Compile all shop floor Environment Aspect & Impact assessment and maintain record.
17. Organize Safety Committee meetings.
18. Implement Lockout and Tagout (LOTO) system
19. Implement Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) practice at the plant.
20. Work Permit System management and ensure safe completion of work activity.
1. Graduate degree in engineering (BE/B.tech)
2. Master of Industrial safety Engineering approved by Tamil Nadu Government (Mandatory)
3. Certification in ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001 (Added advantage)
Language Known :
1. Tamil ( Mandatory )
2. English ( Mandatory )
3. Hindi speaking will be an added advantage.