Our client is one of the largest business houses of the Middle East, which manufactures and markets a well-integrated range of consumer products including - FMCG, Poultry & Dairy Products, Beverages, and Institutional Services.
Over the last three decades, the company has developed brands that have built a strong market share in the Gulf Countries by offering their customers good value of money.
Since its inception, the group has grown consistently by building complimentary businesses supported by acquisitions in the Middle East and internationally as well. This model of sustainable growth has seen it to transformation into a dynamic group of international companies with operation and manufacturing facilities across the globe.
Candidate Profile :
5+ years related experience in HSSE role. Good knowledge of applicable industry and government safety, health and loss prevention standards and regulations.
- Experience in ISO 14001 & OHSAS - 18001.
Educational Qualification :
- Graduate in Science or Engineering. Diploma in Industrial Safety or any other qualification in Safety will be highly desirable. Internationally accredited certification is Safety like NEBOSH, CMIOSH, CHsP, RSP, etc. is most desirable
- University Bachelors Degree or similar
- NEBOSH Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma in Health and Safety or similar
- Corporate Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
- Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner (ChSP) - UK or similar
Core Purpose of the Job:
to provide Health, Safety & Security (HS&S), technical advice and guidance to Regional Managers and employees to reinforce a positive HS&S culture across the Almarai regions encompassing all functions.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Be the competent lead HS&S supporting HS&S regional delivery
- Identify hazards and risk control measures using a risk based approach
- Improve property risk management by means of hazard analysis and education
- Carry out accident investigation & Identify Causes, conditions and preventative measures
- Identify HS&S interventions and initiatives to reduce the number of accidents across the regions
- Coordinate with senior managers and safety teams to ensure that regional HS&S related training requirements are in place
- Liaise with insurance assessors on standards of fire protection and business risk to ensure that required insurance recommendations are met
- Liaise with the facilities team to develop a building safety file
- Develop and support the regional Security teams along with the regional driving instructors
Performance and audit:
- Define and constantly review and challenge a company wide audit package and be fully accountable to the Group executive for health, safety and security performance and provide transparent and accurate statistical evidence to demonstrate world class performance to deliver savings and profits to the bottom line
- Strategically direct and guide all Almarai food businesses to a fully integrated loss prevention and control culture in line with the current 5 year business plan, to reduce unnecessary costs and wastage
Additional benefits for Housing Allowance, Children Education Allowance, Car, Medical, Annual Leave with Flight tickets, etc.