Vendor Database Management and Vendor Development
* Guide consolidation of information in vendor database
* Oversee the new vendor identification, ensure database is constantly updated in order to ensure updated vendor database with comprehensive information readily available to facilitate vendor selection
Rate Analysis on the BOQ
* Provide inputs on the BOQ prepared by Project team & consultants and advice project team on price trends & provide rate analysis.
* Provide inputs on the quotations received based on the market.
* Conduct due diligence of the BOQ, scope of work, technical specifications for comprehensiveness & standardization wherever possible
* Development and maintenance of a generic BOQ with standard costs
* Identify potential gaps & possible areas for contractor claims to arise in order to mitigate risk & minimize possible conflicts during project execution
Tendering, Negotiation and Finalization
* Monitor and review the tendering process and also conduct such process for high volume purchases.
* Guide the team to ensure preparation of detailed tender document and provide support for finalization and approval of the document
* Guide the project team for appropriate understanding of terms & conditions in the commercial enquiry floated
* Collate & conduct detailed comparative assessment & technical evaluation of the vendors (e.g. lifecycle costing of procured equipment)
* Monitor and/or conduct the tender evaluation process (technical and commercial evaluation) and work closely with the project team - technical & finance in order to ensure accuracy of tenders floated and detailed evaluation to enable choice of the right vendor
* Negotiate with short listed vendors, along with project team, seek & compare price quotations in consultation with the technical & finance team
* Negotiate rates with vendor; scan wider business climate, external labor market rates, prevalent trends in costs in order to negotiate effectively & contain costs increases due to scope changes
* Assess appropriate transit plan for procurements in each project
* Review & comment on Tender Committee (TC) Notes
* Drafting of contract documents and ensure allied costs of procured items & the entire scope of technical specifications have been considered by the contractor for high value purchases and also overseeing the same for other purchases.
* Provide inputs on the payment terms/ contractor terms & conditions
* Identify possible gaps in the contract documents; negotiate terms & conditions/sharing of the risks and guide the project teams to maintain contractual records & documentation & status change reports
* Act as the 'middle point of contact' for resolution of escalations between the Project team and the Contractors
* Provide inputs to project teams about contractual terms being violated, guide team wrt imposing appropriate contract clauses, terminate non-performing contractors, guide administration of contracts in order to ensure efficient management of contracts
* Renegotiate with contractors to manage scope changes in the middle of the project execution
* Assist Project Team in providing justifications and rationale of negotiated price for the purpose of change order note