Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Vice President - Marketing
As part of the Sales & Marketing department, the Business Intelligence personnel works closely with leadership team of . The function encompasses insights into the market, customers and competitors. The personnel is responsible for strategic data & information, market trends & scenario analysis, other business analytics in support of strategic planning and execution for business segments.
Function of the Position:
The Business Intelligence Managers role is a full-time professional position that works with senior management to support strategic planning activities by providing actionable recommendations based on assessments of markets and competitors, both existing and potential.
* Identify and collect appropriate customer, competitor, market, economic, financial and/or operational data.
* Perform financial, statistical, and qualitative data analysis of markets and competitors.
* Translate data into executable and effective market and intelligence reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Profiles the international and domestic market and competitive environment, providing insights that support strategic decision-making and for use in internal presentations by senior leadership.
* Creates and updates comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
* Performs thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic and political environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors.
* Provides market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the Executive Leadership Team and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation.
* Supplies the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively makes recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate.
* Develops and maintains relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
* Works with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence. Collaborates internally to ensure intelligence is shared with appropriate groups and individuals.
* Maintains an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation and financial modelling and analysis.
* Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience with an Engineering/Computer Science Major and a master's degree in Management/Information Technology.
* Fair understanding of the automotive industry.
* Strong customer focus and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints.
* Ability to network effectively at all levels and influence without direct management oversight.
* Demonstrated strength in problem solving and analytics and capable of driving insight to action.
* Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills and to contribute to executive-level discourse; excellent written communication abilities.
* Able to operate within a team environment.
* High level of competence with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills) is essential.
* Experience working with specific BI software programs, such as Oracle, Tableau, IBM Cognos or Microsoft Power BI.