1) Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
2) Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
3) Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
4) Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
5) Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.