We are hiring for ML engineer
Job Location: Bangalore
The biggest e-commerce platform in India has seen phenomenal growth since inception. Some current facts about Client:
- $1 Billion GMV
- 2nd most browsed Indian site, as per Alexa ranking
- 4 million daily page visits
- 5 million shipments per month
- 15 million products
- 22 million registered users
We have unique set of challenges due to the geography, demographics and the growth potential of the ecommerce sector. These challenges pose a massive opportunity to be unlocked.
- Diversity: The Indian population is truly diverse with respect to social, economic, cultural and geographic aspects which manifests in buying pattern and expectations in e-commerce.
- Lack of organized retail: It is believed that India has skipped the evolution phase of organised retail which means no trends and patterns to learn from for the e-commerce industry.
- Nascent ecosystem: Under-developed infrastructure and support services that leads to fuzziness in ecosystem.
- Exponential growth: Indian e-commerce market grew 10 folds in last 3 years and estimated to grow another 10 folds in next 2-3 years. i.e. 100 times in 5-6 years!!
- Expectation of intelligence behavior for customer satisfaction: Today's customer expects intelligent behavior from various technology systems.
- Internet traffic moving from desktop to mobile: India's internet revolution is happening via the handheld devices. And hence the mobile specific solutions around personalization, recommendation becomes very important.
SOA based distributed system, When things go south (and they do), not only do we need to know about the occurrence instantly, but get down to exactly when and where the problem has happened. This points to the need for us to get access to and act on aggregated metrics as well as raw events that can be sliced and diced at will. With server side apps spanning hundreds of virtual machines and client side apps running on millions of diverse phones this gets amplified. Individual requests need to be tracked across systems, and issues found and reported much before the customers get impacted.
We are looking at lots of interesting and challenging problems which can create huge business impact. Some of the problem areas we are working on are:
- Demand forecasting
- Supply chain optimization
- Online marketing optimization
- Fraud and risk estimation
- Marketplace intelligence
- Self healing systems
- And many more
If this requirement matches your profile kindly share your profile.