Supervise and manage an assigned team of project delivery associates (including senior individual contributor roles) who manage or support studies to ensure quality, time and budget deliverables are met. Work with staff to ensure that all project deliverables are completed ensuring quality deliverables on time and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), policies and practices. Ensure that employees are trained and individual development is aligned and in place to meet project and organizational needs. Oversee assigned project(s), lead and manage the assigned work streams. Line manage Team Leads; mentor junior people managers.
* Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning,
* Assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters
* Participate in the selection and on boarding process for new staff by conducting candidate review and participating in the interviewing process. Conduct on boarding training for new staff in conjunction with Human Resources and Global Talent training programs.
* Ensure that staff has the proper materials, systems access and training to complete job responsibilities. Provide oversight for the execution of the training plan, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) review and mentored training experiences, as applicable.
* Participate in the allocation of resources to projects by assigning staff to studies that are appropriate to their experience and training.
* Manage the quality of assigned staff's work through regular review and evaluation of work product.
* Identifies quality risks and issues and create appropriate corrective action plans to prevent or correct deficiencies in performance of staff.
* Ensure that staff are meeting defined workload and quality metrics through regular review and reporting of findings as outlined by Management.
* Assist in ensuring consistent standardized processes are implemented and department deliverables meet expected quality, financial and productivity targets.
* Ensure timely movement of project work through the process steps, in accordance with governing Standard operating Procedures (SOP) and working instructions
* Develop specialist expertise in aligned specialist areas, as well as applying them across various functions
* Prepare presentation materials for department meetings
* Works constructively in a matrix framework to achieve project and internal stakeholder deliverables. Actively contribute to initiatives and work in close collaboration with Operations team
* Participate in Department quality and/ or process initiatives.
* Mentor Leads/ Associate Managers as assigned.
* Assist in meeting department financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.