1. Head Legal : As Head Legal, this position is responsible for addressing all legal issues of Company , either through in house resources or through external resources.
2. Advising : This position is responsible for advising business and support functions on legal issues
touching their day to day work, business of the Company, new developments in the field of law, Regulatory and statutory updates, Latest case laws, advising on Structured transactions and Review of Documents from time to time etc. This position is also responsible for conducting due diligence on the Borrower companies whenever called upon to do so, on case to case basis.
3. Strategizing the legal actions : This position is responsible for strategizing the Corporate/
litigation actions on behalf of the Company. For that, he has to engage in continuous discussions with the Project Finance Team and other Business Groups to understand their requirements.
4. Documentation : This position is responsible for Attending the Credit Committee Meetings,
Management Committee Meetings , Review Meeting with business teams and clients, Drafting and negotiation of documents in order to maintain turn around time and Successful Closure of transactions.
5. Leading a Team : This position is responsible for leading a team of 10 to 12 on roll legal
professionals working in different capacities.
6. Development of Systems and Processes : This position is responsible for development of
systems and processes and their effective working in order to ensure smooth functioning of the department as well as achievement of the Organizational, Department and individual goals in terms of KPIs / KRAs. This position is also responsible for maintenance, updating and timely circulation of MIS w.r.t. legal cases ( sec 138 matters ) to all concerned.
7. Team Development : This position is responsible for training & development and growth of the
team members by conducting Continuous Learning Process, Training Programmes, Team building exercises, Team Outings and overall Career development of the team members
8. HR Related issues : This position is responsible for manpower planning of the department,
preparing budget of the department, recruitment and performance appraisal of the team members.
9. Networking: This position is responsible for the establishing and developing network with Law
Firms, Advocates, Senior Counsels, RBI / SEBI legal officials, police authorities, various offices attached to the court, legal professionals working in other companies, etc. This positions is also responsible for empanelment of Law Firms and Lawyers and other service providers pan India.
Direct reportees 10 to 12
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
post graduate diploma in law subject ( preferable )
In depth understanding of all aspects of financial services business especially from legal prospective
Excellent network with Law Firms, legal professionals from other banks and NBFCs . Excellent communication skills