- Support the growth of organization's Bangalore Operations in its core area of Analytics
- The development of application scorecards, behavioral scorecards and predictive models for Customers throughout APAC, Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Provide consulting services to clients globally on a range of analytics based services through the customer life cycle including origination, account/customer management and strategy
- Exposure to Project Management principles
- Anticipates major project challenges;
- Strong command of business language; communicates persuasively and effectively
- Financial services industry knowledge
- Analytic modelling experience is a must.
Desired Skills And Experience:
Experience: 9-15 years
- MS or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent professional experience beyond the Bachelors- degree.
- Experience with various modeling methodologies in a development or research role, including developing scoring algorithms is required.
- Course work in probability, statistics and quantitative methods is a must, including at least one semester of an applied statistics class.
- 6+ years of Project Management experience preferred.
- Previous (front-office) Banking Experience with a major bank in the APAC region
- First class English language skills is essential
Relevant Skills / Experience:
- Scoring technology and methodologies
- Hands on Scorecard Model building would be preferred
- SAS/SPSS, Java or similar object oriented programming language;
- Model development techniques and tools such as SAS, FICO Model Builder;
- Advanced statistical methods and quantitative analysis;
- Statistical tools and programs.
Suitable candidates must understand Credit Risk and preferably have a background in Analytical model building.
We are looking for a person who has hands on model development in areas of modeling such as Application & Behavioral Scorecards, Collection Models and/or Marketing Propensity/Segmentation type modelling, PD, LGD, EAD/CCF.
- The candidate will also have exposure to model building tools such as FICO Model Builder, SAS, SPSS. This person will be equally as comfortable in a role that blends both the business side of retail banking with technical skills of Analytical modeling.
You already have some experience working for a:
- Major Retail Bank
- Financial Software Company
- Management Consulting Firm
- Credit Card Issuer
We strongly prefer candidates with real-world Retail Banking experience within the Asia Pacific region. You enjoy working with customers on a Project basis, and preferably are proficient in an Asian Language
You can deliver with some guidance from more senior staff members; gather, examine, and analyze data; write technical specifications for manipulating data; produces reports, graphs, and summaries; and confer with customer liaison contacts.
You have exposure to Risk and can communicate with both business and technical people. You understand the challenges banks face in understanding the decision making process behind the lending process.
Analytics SAS Statistics Consulting - BFSI