1. Supplier Quality Surveillance Management on Projects.
2. Shop / Site Inspection.
3. Supplier Pre-Qualification / Shop Survey.
The SQS Field Inspector will be part of the Sourcing team supporting supplier quality and qualification initiatives. This role is centered on inspecting and auditing various supplier facilities in Asia and providing timely feedback to the sourcing team. The Field Inspector is expected to work as part of an integrated team, to be self-motivated and responsible for meeting targets and deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Responsible to organize and perform audits and surveillance at a supplier's (or their sub supplier's) facility to verify compliance with qualification requirements
* Be the focal point within the sourcing team for technical related supplier activities
* Perform all work assignments in accordance with the standard work procedures, practices and reference systems
* To generate and submit clear and concise reports which detail the current status of the order being surveyed
* To perform work in a professional, ethical and safe manner
* To create a quality teaming process relationship with our suppliers by making every effort to be proactive and encourage continuous improvement and better communication
* To continuously maintain technical competencies by participating in company sponsored training opportunities
Basic Job Requirements
1. BE/B.Tech - Mechanical / Metallurgy / Production Engineering with 10+ years of experience in QA/QC field.
2. ASNT Level - II in RT, UT, PT &MT
3. Shop inspection of Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Columns, Reactors, Structural and other Process Plant, Oil & Gas and Power Plant equipment.
4. Should have a minimum 3 years working experience in EPC industry or Site QA/QC activities involved in various stages of project execution.
5. Should have sound knowledge in Project Execution which includes pre-order and post order activities.
6. Supplier Evaluation and Monitoring.
7. Should have experience in organizing meetings with Suppliers / Clients.
8. Experience in Welding inspection and Welder qualification as per international Codes and standards.
9. Through knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards (ASME, API, EN and other).
Other Job Requirements
1. Inspection of painting / coating /refractory lining.
2. Knowledge in UT - TOFD and Phase Array.
Preferred Qualifications 1. Lead Auditor - QMS / OHSAS
2. CSWIP / AWS