Specific Responsibilities will include;
* Preparation of Process Descriptions.
* Generation of PFDs.
* Preparation of Equipment Sizing Calculations and Selection of Equipment.
* Performance of Process Piping and Relief Device Sizing Calculations.
* Process Utility Sizing Studies.
* Preparation of Line Lists, SP Lists, Equipment Lists.
* Preparation and Issue of P&IDs.
* Participation/ leading HAZOPs.
* Review/ Input to Control System URSs.
* Check/Input process data on equipment and instrumentation datasheets.
* Check and review Vendor Equipment submittals.
* Perform work in compliance with companys Quality Management System
* Demonstrate an understanding of scope of work assigned.
* Demonstrate an understanding of commercial aspects (man-hours and capital cost) of their work.
* Demonstrate knowledge of Company and/or industry standard methodologies and tools.
* Provide technical expertise to projects.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of the market place in which company operates(e.g. future client projects, competitor activities, etc) .
* In liaison with the Lead Engineer/Project Manager and/or Department Manager, establish the project design and execution requirements
* Carry out site visits / site surveys.
* Attend project design team meetings and project review meetings.
* Communicate directly with the Client.
* Interact and communicate with own department, other departments, project team members, clients and other external parties to ensure co-ordination of activities.
* Prepare technical documents, including checking as appropriate, in accordance with agreed schedules and ensure compliance with safety,environmental and regulatory requirements.
* Liaise with Procurement Department on the preparation and evaluation of procurement and tender documentation
* Plan and deliver multiple tasks in a timely fashion to meet project schedules.
* Deliver project work within budgeted man-hours Demonstrate effective verbal and written Communications Skills.
* Provide site support for construction, installation, commissioning, modification and qualification.
* Keep abreast of current technology, regulatory (including Environment Health and Safety) and industry standards within their discipline.
15 -20 years' experience working in a design environment for the
Pharmaceutical and Bio-Pharmaceutical, FMCG industries
* Primary Honours Degree in Chemical, Process or Bioprocess Engineering.
* Proficient in the use of relevant engineering software.
* Experience of design in a cGMP environment.
* Experience of leading Process Design teams