The Lead planning engineer is responsible to oversees and verify EPCC's schedule, their weekly and monthly progress, and produce weekly and monthly progress reports for roll out into the total project reports. The person may have to take an assignment for over a year at EPCC contractor location and thereafter return at project site in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
The main responsibilities of the planning engineer are as follows:
1. Reporting to the Lead Project Control Manager review the EPCC's work breakdown structure, planning and progress measurement procedures to ensure they meet the IPMT criteria.
2. Monitor the EPCC's development and establishment of their overall project master implementation program.
3. Monitoring of EPCC's project schedule status and progress against the approved program.
4. Review EPCC's level 3, 4, and 5 project schedule to ensure viability.
5. Prepare schedule and progress input for monthly progress report including progress statistics and trends.
6. Coordinate with the Senior Project Control Engineer on the achievement of milestones.
7. Review the progress submitted weekly and monthly (Home Office and Construction) produced by the contractor(s). Review variances affecting works program as targeted; Identify potential delay of activities and review and report on critical status for resolution.
8. Review the schedule part of the change proposals submitted by contractor(s) and if found justified, prepare the necessary backup for the Senior Project Control Engineer to be part of the package to be submitted as a notification to be sanctioned internally by project manager and project director of program manager's team as well as the Owner.