* At least 3 years of practical (hands-on) expertise in AWS across compute, network, storage, and application development
* Track record of successfully implementing AWS services including integrating AWS with on-premise technologies and packaged solutions
* Strong technical experience in Data Quality, Data Integration (ETL) and Data Security implementation (specifically deployed on AWS)
* Experience with all stages of DW implementation lifecycle - planning, designing, building, deploying and maintaining scalable, highly available, mission critical enterprise wide applications for large enterprises (preferably Fortune 500 organizations)
* Experience with the Life Sciences industry data as well as knowledge of key business processes & compliance requirements in the Life Science industry will be a big plus.
* Experience in web services development and deployment with focus on Service Oriented Architecture will be a plus.
* Well versed in building product-quality software on AWS including experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across appropriate SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies.
* Strong hands-on experience with ETL and ELT implementation using RDS and Redshift respectively
* Configuration and deployment experience in the following:
- AWS apps services such as RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, Dynamo DB, Redshift (Redshift and RDS will be preferred)
- AWS IaaS services such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53 (VPC, EC2, S3 will be preferred)
- AWS workload scheduling services like Amazon SWFWorkflow and AWS Data Pipeline
* Deployed DW and BI Reporting applications using AWS VPC and have strong understanding of DR mechanism
* Firm grasp on cloud security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface)
* Demonstrated ability to write SQL queries, Stored Procedures and use of PostgreSQL / Oracle / DB2 / SQL Server / Teradata database tables