1.0 General Description:
As lead engineer, the person shall be responsible for the complete design and detailed engineering for GIS/AIS Substation activities from 11kV to 220kV system. The Lead Engineer (LE) shall manage the entire design for a project or a set of smaller projects including co-ordination of multi-discipline activities covering, Electrical, Civil/ Structural, MEP and others.
LE shall lead a team of Engineers and draftspersons to manage the Engineering activities within budget, deliver on time and maintaining a high quality of engineering.
2.0 Technical Expertise :
LE shall be capable of executing the primary engineering activities like Equipment layout, cable routing layout, earthing layout etc, and associated design calculations like busbar calculations, battery sizing, cable sizing, CT/VT sizing etc.Also, LE shall have a good understanding of thesecondary engineeringactivities like developing Single line diagram, Protection system design and scheme review, relay setting calculation.
LE shall be fully familiar and should have hands on experience in the working methodology of O&G sector and the Vendor approval process by the Client. LE shall be able to review Vendor engineering documents and issuing manufacturing clearance. Shall have good experience on the following activities:
- Preparation of Technical submittals for vendor approvals before order and post ordering. (Material Approval, Technical Bid Evaluation etc.,)
- Design Review, SAFOP procedures and requirements
- Hazardous area classification and related requirements for electrical equipment
- Co-ordination of interfaces with other disciplines in relation to O&G plant electricals (Instrumentation and Automation, Cathodic protection, Fire & Gas system) etc.
3.0 Roles& Responsibilities of Engineering Manager:
1. Must be capable of Multitasking and deliver multiple things on time.
2. Preparation of Engineering Plan aligned with the project, implementing the plan, monitoring and control
3. To lead a design team having design Engineers and D'Man
4. Delegation of work to team and getting the things work done .
5. Must be capable of reading the Contract specification and tracking the job variation with respect to SOW and supporting the BU/project for enabling the contractual claim.
6. Reviewing and ensuring optimum design before submission to client.
7. Ensuring quantity control of Lot items like Battery, Earthing, Illumination, Cables etc...
8. Managing the vendor engineering documents and getting approval from the Client on a timely basis to enable issue of manufacturing clearance.
9. Performing pre-order technical review for ordering of equipment and supporting the BU to take techno-commercial decision.
10. Co-ordinate with the Engineering team at project location and ensure a smooth work execution between the teams at multiple locations
11. Managing sub-consultants and co-ordination of engineering from multiple agencies
12. Risk analysis and take clear decisions after analyzing the risk and issuing manufacturing clearance.
13. Proactive interaction with project execution team for resolving the problem.
14. Familiar with engineering software like ETAP, CYM GRID etc.
4.0 Education & Experience Required:
1. Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
2. 12-15 Years of Experience
5.0 Skills Required:
1. Good Knowledge of Electrical International Standards & Practices
2. Good Knowledge of Electrical requirements in the Oil & gas sector.
3. Effective Computer Skills, MS Office, Discipline Specific Software's & Applications.
4. Effective Communication skills both verbal and in Writing.
5. Effective Analytical & Problem Solving Skills.
6. PMP certification and knowledge of planning in Primavera would be advantageous.
7. Knowledge of Shell & KNPC standards would be advantageous.