Bachelor or Master degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
8-12 Years of Experience
As lead engineer, the person shall be responsible for the complete design and detailed engineering for Civil & Structural for GIS/AIS Substation activities from 33kV to 400kV system. The Lead Engineer (LE - C) shall manage the entire design for a project or a set of smaller projects including co-ordination with of other disciplines viz.,Electrical, MEP and others.
LE shall lead a team of Engineers and drafts persons to manage the Engineering activities within budget, deliver on time and maintaining a high quality of engineering.
2.0 Technical Expertise :
LE - C shall be capable of executing the engineering activities for civil & structural covering GIS substation / control room buildings, transformer foundations, outdoor equipment foundations, guard house, staff quarters, grading, roads and drainage, outdoor steel structures and miscellaneous works related to the substations and cabling works.. LE - C shall be able to review Vendor engineering documents wrt Civil &Structural design.
Roles& Responsibilities of Engineering Manager:
1. Must be capable of Multitasking and deliver multiple things on time.
2. Preparation of Engineering Plan aligned with the project, implementing the plan, monitoring and control
3. To lead a design team having design Engineers and DMan
4. Delegation of work to team and getting the things work done .
5. Must be capable of reading the Contract specification and tracking the job variation with respect to SOW and supporting the BU/project for enabling the contractual claim.
6. Reviewing and ensuring optimum design before submission to client including review of design by external consultant where applicable.
7. Ensuring quantity control & optimization of civil & structural quantities
8. Where an external Consultant is appointed for C&S Engineering, Managing the engineering documents from the Consultants and getting approval from the Client on a timely basis to enable issue of clearance for site activities.
9. Co-ordinate with the Engineering team at project location and ensure a smooth work execution between the teams at multiple locations
10. Managing and co-ordination of engineering from multiple agencies viz,. sub-consultants, MEP vendors and in house electrical engineering team
11. Risk analysis and take clear decisions after analyzing the risk on issues related to approvals from authorities.
12. Proactive interaction with project execution team for resolving the problem.
13. Hands on involvement and understanding related to approvals from local authorities for the site civil works and managing the approvals in time to meet the project schedule.
1. Conversant with international standards like BS+UBC 1997 and ACI318+IBC 2012+ASCE 07-10.
2. Proficiency with structural software like STAAD Pro, ETABS + SAFE etc.,
3. Excellent in MS office and working knowledge of Auto CADEffective Computer Skills, MS Office, Discipline Specific Softwares & Applications.
4. Effective Communication skills both verbal and in Writing.
5. Effective Analytical & Problem Solving Skills.
6. PMP certification and knowledge of planning