About the Role:
As a Sr Vendor Manager, you will focus on delivering a world-class customer experience and exceptional sales and margin growth for the sub-categories that you are responsible for as we rapidly expand and grow our selection from around the world.
The person who joins the leadership team in this position must share our passion and commitment for serving our customers. He or she will be responsible for signing the right mix of vendors, adding unique local selection for Client sites globally, smart pricing, driving margin improvements and delivering top notch customer experience.
This person will have responsibility for :
- Building selection and terms negotiation : Will be responsible for determining customer market needs, growing selection across sub-categories, brands and use cases, managing vendor partners, optimizing vendor terms and getting support for marketing campaigns.
- Pricing and Demand generation : Responsible for pricing and demand generation. This includes working with other members on the category management team to come up with innovative promotions and site features to improve customer experience.
- Business planning and communication to senior management : Develop a short-term and long-term plan for growth and report to Senior Management on a regular basis on the state of key topline and bottom-line metrics and risk factors.
- Innovation: Invent and drive continuous process improvement and automation across our systems to allow us to scale a fast growing business. This will include liaising with the global Client community to drive innovation and share best practice.
Basic Qualifications :
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive results
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with excellent attention to detail
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
- A track record of success in past roles
- Candidate must be fluent in English
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 5 + years of relevant experience in sales manager / account manager/vendor manager role desired
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's degree is preferred
- Experience in Consumer-facing sectors such as Retail, FMCG is preferred