Key Account Manager - SCM / Logistic
The client management/engagement manager usually works for an outsourcer such as a third-party logistics or consulting firm. In a logistics firm, the client management typically manages account managers and sales staff, sets sales targets for managers, determines the strategy and value proposition of the outsourcer, and works with account managers to tailor strategies to specific clients. In a consulting firm, the engagement manager typically oversees a consulting engagement at the executive level.
The role is often something of a rainmaker, wherein the KAM uses his/her industry contacts to gain access to decision-makers within target companies.
This is a senior role with complete ownership & oversight for your function. Your responsibilities span (but are not limited) the following areas :
- To acquire new National Accounts of Global Customers
- Identify and pursue sales opportunities and leads which may come from meetings, clients, other sales force, vendors and others.
- Evaluate customer preferences, pricing, product terms and conditions to ensure that client requirements are met.
- Gather and analyze data regarding competitor pricing and products and ensure that products and services fit customer requirements.
- Analyze statistical data related to clients business and industry to identify market trends for global mobile products and services focusing on contract retention and revenue growth.
- Evaluate performance, risks in nominated accounts and revises plans where appropriate.
- Introduce new innovations and concepts to key decision makers within the customer through relationship and stakeholder management .
Candidate Pre-requisites :
- M.B.A is essential.
- Looking for 10+ years of corporate sales experience.
- Past experience with Banking / Consulting / ITES / Enterprise Business sales teams will be preferred.