Configuration and Troubleshooting experience in Cisco 800, 1000, 1800, 2600, 2800, 2900, 3800, 3900, 7200 Series Routers
Configuration and Troubleshooting experience in Cisco 29xx, 3xxx, 4xxx and 65xx series Catalyst switches alongwith atleast 2 year experience in 7000,5000 and 2000 Series Nexus platform with Data center networking knowledge.
Working knowledge on Voice and Data Circuits to include DS1/T1, DS3/T3, PRI, Cable, DSL, OC-3,STM-1, Metro Ethernet.
Configuration and maintenance of monitoring tools to such as WhatsUpGold, HP OpenView, HP Network Node Manager, Solarwinds, NetQoS
Basic understanding of routing Protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
Understanding of IPv6 and multicast concepts.
Well versed with troubleshooting tools, techniques and methodology
- Monitor network operations utilizing troubleshooting software and assist the client with resolving any network connectivity issues or escalate to the appropriate specialist.
- Analyze connectivity problems, interpret testing results and determine if the client's equipment/circuits, vendor connection lines or routers are the cause and initiate measures for prompt rectification.
- Coordinate network repairs and dispatch the appropriate resources depending on fault determination.
- Assist in network testing assignments.
- Communicate with clients concerning scheduled maintenance and availability of the mainframe.
- Update and interface with the Help Desk, as well as report weekly on problems or issues related to client networks and serve as liaison between clients and vendors/specialists.
Good communication Skills.
* Adaptable to change in the work Environment.
Bachelor's degree/technical certification in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of Network Operations experience
Certification(Minimum 1) :CCNP,JNCIA,JNCIS,JNCIP