Responsible for producing and designing a detailed data model of a database, including all necessary logical and physical design elements
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Determine purpose of database.
* Gather information that will be recorded in database.
* Divide information into tables.
* Turn information into columns.
* Specify primary keys.
* Set up table relationships.
* Refine and enhance design.
* Apply normalization rules to ensure tables are structured correctly.
* Make adjustments as necessary.
* Follow W3C programming standards to address accessibility guidelines.
* Develop structural design of various systems, applications, and databases for custom database-driven website.
* Coordinate information systems with program objectives.
* Code, document, and test programs.
* Create data migration/conversion techniques for system conversions or upgrades.
* Assist organizational members and clients with database-driven websites, network, database, and application training and technical support.
* Assist staff with internal systems, applications, and databases, including developing procedures, forms, and other organizational tools.
* mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database;
* considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
* refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
* further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements;
* installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
* maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
* writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
* Strong SQL/PLSQL Knowledge
* Knowledge of RDBMS and appropriate Data Base Systems.
* Strong Knowledge on Oracle Report Generation and maintenance
* General knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
* Communication skills.
* Analytical ability.
* Problem solving skills.
* Candidate must have a broad knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows operating system technology and experience with contemporary software engineering principles
* Leads in the identification of critical functions for one's own area of responsibility.
* Defines and documents contingency and disaster recovery procedures.
* Creates and tests plans for operating in a remote back-up environment.
* Coordinates partial and full tests of the contingency and disaster recovery plan.
* Creates and maintains data center contingency documents and action plans.
* Coordinates day-to-day activities with control measures, in recovery plans.
* Basic understanding of Data Base, System Design
* Familiarity with algorithms that work on Relations, joins Maintenance, data processing Techniques, a plus
* Knowledge in Information security approaches, a plus
* Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, diagnostic skills
* Strong communication skills are required for interaction with team members
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills