We are looking for an experienced lead developer to help establish a team presence in Bengaluru for the Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets Technology group. We are a global team of around 75 people distributed across Mumbai, London, New York and Montreal. Our goal is to establish a team of around 4-6 people in Bengaluru by the end of 2015, with further growth plans for 2016.
The successful candidate will have strong hands on Java/JEE skills, Spring Framework and experience with relational databases required for large scale enterprise development. The candidate should be able to understand object oriented principles, necessity and usage of design patterns and be able to lead detailed design decisions / code reviews. They must be able to work collaboratively with the local and extended global teams like QA / Product Management, Support etc. and take the initiative to solve problems to deliver required functionality.
Previous experience of recruiting, managing and retaining resources is also a requirement. The candidate should be skilled with creating a dynamic team environment, providing opportunities of growth, fostering innovation and leading by example.
- Strong Object Oriented design concepts and Java development experience, clarity on code quality practices, whitebox and blackbox testing
- Database skills including experience working with stored procedures, triggers and indexes (Sybase)
- Hands-on experience with Spring, Hibernate, SOAP/REST Webservices
- Understanding of the SDLC, development practices and exposure to Perforce
- Strong working knowledge of Unix tools and scripting (Perl, ksh/bash and Autosys)
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Demonstrable experience in 3/N-Tier applications with Web / Rich Client GUI development
- Knowledge and recognition of basic design patterns
- Team leadership
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures(SOA) and frameworks like Apache CXF is nice to have
- Exposure to building financial systems & related domain knowledge is nice to have
- .NET and or Web development experience