* Understand business needs and processes to estimate and plan work.
* Take ownership of the technology deliverable and provide the leadership required to get the job done.
* Contribute to application development and code reviews.
* Facilitate scrums among local and offshore development efforts. * Translate architectural designs and guidelines into implementation-level details.
* Partner with project management to ensure delivery under given constraints
* 4+ years of experience in Java and J2EE development
* 2+ years of experience in SOA, ESB and Messaging middleware (IBM Message Broker, Oracle ESB, WSO2, Tibco, MQ, Active JMS, )
* Work experience Spring batch, Spring Web services, Apache Axis, Apache CXF
* 2+ years of experience in relational database design and development (Oracle, SQL Server)
* Exposure to in-memory caching or NoSql stores (eXtremeScale, Coherence, MemCached, Cassandra)
* Exposure to rule engines or complex event processing (IBM ODM preferred)
* Exposure to No-SQL stores (Cassandra) and MapReduce processing (Hadoop)
* Demonstrated experience in Agile Development processes
* Working knowledge of Open Source frameworks and tools (Git, Stash, Jenkins/Hudson, Jira)
* Good communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Good understanding of the full software life cycle development process required.