The candidate will work within a SCRUM agile team and contribute to design and development of functions requested by our users. Minimum understanding of financial concepts is required, understanding of corporate actions processing is an advantage.
The candidate is expected to be able to communicate well, adapt rapidly and learn fast. Sound judgment will be required to understand requirements, design appropriate solutions, and develop the underlying implementation. The candidate has a unique leadership opportunity to seed a MUM development presence for the global Position Services team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be expected to
- Designing and developing high performance applications - both server-side and client-side
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Write and execute Unit and Integration testing and record test cases and results.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review with the team
- Provide local management to both onsite consultants and ODCs in India.
Must possess 5 TO 15 years experience in the [Service / Investment banking/produc] sector. Possession of a Bachelors degree in B.tech/ B.Sc/ B.E/.Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills required (essential):
- Strong Java programming knowledge
- Spring Framework
- Web development (eg RESTful services, Tomcat)
- Experience with databases and SQL (DB2, Sybase)
- Basic Financial concepts
- Agile Methodologies
- Data Modelling / UML
- C# Programming
- Corporate Actions