The role is for a highly skilled Java senior developer, to work on the development of this core global Equity OTC Derivative system. This will require close interaction with Sales, Trading, Quants, and Operations, globally, as well as with colleagues working on the related user interface and the database, operating within a highly agile test-driven development environment.
The role will include:
* Working with IT colleagues globally across a number of front / middle / back-end systems and teams.
* Involvement in the full development lifecycle of the project.
* Coordination with the global team on new features and driving the future direction of the system.
- Core Java: in-depth understanding of multi-threading, data structures etc.
- Excellent programming skills
- Experience in developing enterprise-scale n-tier applications, and working with complex frameworks & distributed environments.
- Agile exposure, TDD/BDD, CI/Jenkins
- SQL / databases experience with RDBMS
- Basic working knowledge of Unix/Linux
Following skills are not mandatory, but desirable:
- Scala / Functional Programming
- Scripting languages like Python / Perl