About Practice Area:
Prime Services & Funding Technology
Prime Services and Funding technology teams are in charge of building next generation data infrastructure and providing in depth analytics for Prime Brokerage Finance team, sales team and the secured and unsecured funding BUs and various other users.
- Building reporting data marts and standardizing dimensional data across systems.
- Developing and maintaining various types of analytics on top of collected data.
- Providing reporting platform that empowers business users to access information necessary for running and optimizing the business
The system is a distributed Java and DB2/Sybase architecture with multiple components processing multiple asset classes like equities, binds, options, Swaps and other OTC derivatives
- Designing and developing server side components that meet the business requirements in an effective and efficient manner.
- Directly interfacing with business users in understanding the requirement and providing solutions.
- Assisting & guiding team members in design and development.
- Partnering along with the leads to identify and mitigate risks and escalate issues as necessary
An ideal candidate will demonstrate excitement for technology and business. He/she will also be able to handle competing demands on time and manage his/her own work to deadlines. Flexibility in outlook is essential. A lot interaction with business users and global development teams is involved.
- Core Java 5.0 and above, CXF, Spring
- Extensive experience in developing enterprise-scale n-tier applications for financial domain. Should possess good architectural knowledge and be aware of enterprise application design patterns.
- Should have the ability to analyse, design, develop and test complex, low-latency client-facing applications.
- Good development experience with RDBMS, preferably Sybase database
- Good knowledge of multi-threading and high volume server side development
- Experience in sales and trading platforms in investment banking/capital markets
- Basic working knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Should have the ability to express their design ideas and thoughts.
- Some scripting experience (Perl/shell)
- .Net, C#, WPF, Web development