Knowledge and Skills Requirement:
1. IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS, IPv4 knowledge required, IPv6 knowledge preferred, TCP/IP fundamentals (packet level analysis),
2. Network protocols including TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP ,
3. Network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, routing, switching, load-balancing, monitoring
4. Network concepts QoS (preferred on Cisco ASR9k routers)
5. Physical layer including Ethernet, optical OCx, SONET, T1/T3, FiberChannel
6. Hardware Cisco (Cisco ASR9K preferred)
1. Network management tools Zenoss, Cisco Prime
2. Analysis tools including WireShark, IXIA,
3. Knowledge/experience with Cisco Voice over IP systems and components including gateways, gatekeepers, Unity voice mail, routers, switches, Ciscos Unified Border Element (CUBE) and session border controllers.
4. Knowledge and experience operating converged (voice/video/data) networks, including knowledge of: CoS, QoS, WRED and related quality of service parameters.
5. Firewall systems (Juniper, Checkpoint, Cisco, NetScreen), VPN Technologies (IPsec, SSL, Nortel, Cisco)
6. TCP/IP networking Authentication, authorization, encryption mechanisms (LDAP, RADIUS, TACACS+, PKI, SSL, SSH)
7. Intrusion detection systems (network based, host based, signature, heuristic
8. Knowledge and experience operating voice/video/multicast services across MPLS backbones.
9. Ability to work with and meet tight deadlines
10. Understanding of multiplexing technologies, Independent problem solving CCNP/CCDP/CCIP/CCIE Certification or , CCSE, CCSA, JNCIA, JNCIE , ITIL knowledge