- Safeguard the reputation of the firm by controlling and supporting the trading divisions, as well as ensuring that they are in compliance with the firm's policies and with the rules/regulations that govern global financial markets
- Understand fund structure under the GSAM business including Hedge funds, Mutual funds, Private Equity funds
- Review financial statements as per the US GAAP requirements for GSAM funds (as applicable)
- Application of regulatory reporting instructions including funds portfolio, notionals for derivatives and perform related activities.
- Identify and analyse best practices supporting broad regulatory reform (including Dodd Frank Act), functional accountabilities and enabling technologies
- Handle regulatory reporting requirements to SEC, Federal Reserve, CFTC, UK FCA (AIFMD) etc.
- Handle reporting requirements to Senior Management
- Work closely with other divisions, including: Fund accounting, Valuation Oversight Team, Product Services, Operations, IT and Trading Divisions
- Work closely with fund administrators and auditors
Skills and Experience required:
- Qualified CA, CPA, CFA or MBA with adequate experience in financial services sector
- Minimum of 4 years- experience
- Basic knowledge of financial statements preparation & review; US GAAP, IFRS knowledge and experience in coordinating with Big 4 accounting firms during audit cycle is desirable.
- Experience of working on a SEC registered company/hedge fund is desirable
- MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel) required