plan, design, detail and supervise the construction of commercial, industrial, retail and residential building interiors to produce an environment tailored to a purpose, with particular emphasis on space creation, space planning, and factors that enhance living and working environments.
* determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
* researching and analyzing spatial, functional, efficiency, safety and aesthetic requirements
* formulating design concepts for building interiors
* preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and plans to communicate design concepts
* negotiating design solutions with clients, management, suppliers and construction staff
* selecting, specifying and recommending functional and aesthetic materials, furniture and products for interiors
* detailing and documenting selected design for construction