Instrumentation Engineering Manager is responsible for the achievement for the Instrumentation and Automation tasks in a project including conception (front-end loading) basic and detailed design, procurement, construction and start-up within an E & I investment volume of up to or more than Rs.50 Crores. He/She is supervising execution, planning and cost estimation for medium & Large E&I projects.
1. Define the basic Instrumentation and process control automation schemes as per the design standards
2. Support and coordinate with other disciplines regarding Instrumentation issues; Develop Instrumentation and automation concepts and ensure codes and standards in-coordination with process and electrical
3. Responsible for functional, on time and within budget technical planning for the technical processing and procurement of Instrumentation items, PLC, DCS & SIS for projects
4. Cooperate actively and inter-culturally with clients, EPC contractors as well as all project participants within the company for defining of instrumentation and automation requirements on projects
5. Prepare Approved bidders list and obtain budgetary quotes. Prepare Cost Estimates for discipline
6. Prepare/ Approve Instrument Process Data Sheets, Control automation concept, Review Vendor Drawings/ Docs
7. Evaluate Technical Bids from Supplier and prepare Technical Bid evaluations
8. Track project-specific targets for the discipline within the framework of the project design and implementation into planning
9. Responsible for costs, quality and schedule within project frame
10. Coordinate quality assurance for goods and services. Compliance with agreed health, safety and environmental objectives
11. Supports basic engineering with understanding on Statutory and regulatory codes
12. Implement and supervise the field instrumentation works for construction, test & commissioning
13. Monitor contractors or support complete planning/management for projects
14. Supervising the construction progress at site, identifying and removing hurdles/bottlenecks to keep site activity on schedule
15. Reporting the progress status of discipline activities on monthly / fortnightly basis as per the requirement
16. Ensuring completeness of as built documentations and hand over to user departments
17. Act as Mentor to Executive and Asst Manager to groom them to take up higher responsibility
18. Work on developing documents to be used as standards for Project engineering in line with company Technical Rules, International standards and statutory requirements.
19. Experience on Design engineering and execution SIL3 safety PLC project as per IEC 61508/61511 standards
20 Familiar with HAZOP Study and Safety review and design of SIL loops from reports
21. Familiar with SIS engineering documentation (Specification-, Design-, Test-Phase) package
22. Knowhow on SIS PLC software programming from HIMA and Triconix is an added advantage.
Bachelor degree in Instrumentation mandatory - Master degree is an advantage
Minimum 11 years of total work experiences mandatory.