A could architect expert having deep experience in Cloud Technologies. Thought leadership and architecture experience in a Cloud Delivery organization. Cloud Architect will be fully accountable and responsible for managing the delivery team that covers build & run functions for managing various cloud offerings - private, public, hybrid, etc on various cloud platforms.
Experience designing, implementing and supporting VCE vBlock technologies
Experience with documentation of design, system builds, configurations, and support procedures absolutely essential. The ability to communicate and present ideas to a client concisely is required.
Hands-on experience with VMware, Cisco and/or EMC products and platforms including experience in installing, configuring, upgrading and maintenance of storage platforms. Experience with diverse hardware platforms (HP, Blades, EMC, NetApp, Cisco, etc.)
Experience working with VMware ESX/vSphere environments. Experience in Windows, Linux, and system administration highly regarded. VMware/Cisco certification is a plus.
Good understanding and past experience of CISCO UCS Blades and VBlock infrastructure and setup.
In depth understanding of datacenter technologies including networking, converged infrastructure, compute, and virtualization.
Generic knowledge of system management best practices, scheduling/recovering from SAN array snapshots, complete backup and restoration experience.
Generic knowledge of system management best practices, monitoring, change control, etc.; as it relates to the datacenter as well as end users.
Strong working knowledge of windows operating systems in a virtualized environment.
Previous experience of design, install, configure VMware ESX, ESXi, within vSphere 4 and 5 environments with VirtualCenter management, vCloud Director, vMotion and VMware Data Recovery, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vCO (vCenter Orchestrator), vCOPS (vCenter Operational Manager) and App Director
Extensive hands on experience with IP-based and Fiber networking for SAN/NAS.
Understanding of build, configure and deploy VMs and templates, Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Windows NT, 2000, 2003, & 2008, 2012 as well as Linux servers from VMware and legacy hardware.
Understanding of architecture and operations of EMC Clariion (CX, CX3, and CX4), VMAX and VNX SAN environments. Understanding of NetApp FAS/V-Series
Understanding of iSCSI, NFS, and Fiber Channel protocols, Fiber Channel cabling, switching, and zoning.
Provide ongoing support on all areas of Virtualization including VMware vCloud, vSphere, VDI/View.
Good knowledge of supporting Vsphere and Cisco UCS infrastructure.
Capability to manage and plan analysis and troubleshooting of advanced level capacity, performance, etc issues of vCloud infrastructure and applications.
Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
Ability to work independently and in a team environment to produce outstanding results.
Ability to travel if required
Be a strong Analytical Thinker
Must be able to work without supervision
ITIL Foundation certification
Excellent presentation skills
Excellent English communication, both verbal and written
Advanced Technical Certifications including knowledge of virtualization, networking, converged infrastructure, and Compute platforms viz. VMware ESX, ESXi, within vSphere 4 and 5 environments with Virtual Center management, vCloud Director, vMotion and VMware Data Recovery, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and VMware View desktop virtualization (VDI).
* Experience or exposure to EMC vBlock services and solutions.
* Good exposure to VMware View (VDI) is desirable.
* Experience with Cisco MDS, UCS a Major plus!
* Script experience in PowerCLI, or VBScript desired
* Contributes to Planning & Architecting on various cloud technology solutions for private or public offering for client projects and Initiatives
* Contributes to planning the overall client relationship strategy, concentrating on cost reduction and service improvement.
* Participate in Service improvement and Standardization programs across Cloud technologies and provide recommendations.
* Need to perform Due-diligence, assessments for existing & new clients.
* Role involves creating architecture documents, Presentations, TCO & ROI, Work instructions and Standard Operating procedure documents.
* Role involves creating and PoV's, PoC's and new technology solution etc.
* Alliance/Vendor management is part of the job.
* Should be able to lead the team or able to provide individual contribution depends upon the different project nature.
* Data analytics using MS excel (desirable )
* Shows a thorough understanding of applicable project management and/or operational management standards and procedures, as well as of the business and commercial context of the organization.
* Works with and drives forward improvements within the managed teams and produce recommendations for service improvements.
* Acts as a Subject matter expert during critical Cloud technology related issues, Escalations.
* Work with different regions on standardization plan
* Assists with the development of contractual schedules and Service Level Agreements in line with the current service line aspirations.
* Develops and maintains close working relationships with representatives of Capgemini in the world and Client.
* Identifies and assists in the perusal of business opportunities within the existing contract with the Client