Duties and responsibilities
- Candidate must have 10 to 12 years' experience and excellent track record in Safety, Health & Environment practices set-up / implementations and liaison with local, semi-govt, govt agency in medium or large size Construction industry.
- Drafting or modifying company HSE Manual if required
- Conduct continuous routine monitoring and inspections of activities at site to ensure EHS compliance.
- Daily-inspection-routine schedule to be prepared in collaboration with construction manager, Project Manager or General Manager.
- Immediately inform CM of any infractions that require operational or administrative remedial action.
- Identify Safety lapses, inform CM immediately for any critical infractions/ violations of EHS guidelines by contractors, prepare draft site observations, NCRs, recommendations and closure reports and submit the same in approved format to construction manager.
- Ensure effective implementation of site safety plan & operation procedures as approved by company/ Client including inductions, training, discussions, drills; report planned activities, findings and concerns to CM.
- In critical situations which require immediate action, take judicious steps necessary to mitigate any perilous or dangerous conditions. Immediately inform CM about the situation for further necessary steps.
- Lead the site EHS team in proactively establishing an effective accident prevention awareness and plan in collaboration and concurrence with CM.
- Prepare and sign all incident/accident reports, forward to CM for further action and distribution.
- Maintain and update Accident score board sign.
- Keep a detailed log of all routine Inspections & sign off all check lists & necessary permissions for ongoing site works.
- Keep record of all hazardous materials on site .
- Make sure that all aspects of EHS are being monitored continuously including: labour hutments, canteens, first aid centre, ambulance & available mandatory required equipment and supplies inside same.
- Conduct induction trainings, tool box trainings/ meetings, fire Drills, evacuation drills.
- Monitor Equipment inspections certificate & licenses validity, scheduled maintenance requirements etc.
- Prepare and forward weekly EHS status report & agenda to GM before weekly Review Meeting. Participate in weekly safety review meeting.
- Prepare the projects EHS score card.
- Participate in regular auditing of site safety records and ensure effective filing system for easy tracking of documents and update GM regularly.
- Graduate in Engineering(Civil /Mechanical /Electrical)
- NEBOSH & IOSH Certified (Mandatory)
- Certification of Health Environmental and Safety Technologies (CCEHST)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
Salary & Other Details
- 12,000 to 15,000 Qatari Riyal based on experience
- Furnished Accommodation Provided by Company
- Family Status
- Company Transport