- Responsible for delivering products with high quality, on time while maintaining high efficiency of resources utilized.
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering company's services
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms
- Lead the Engineering, Operations and IT teams across Development, QA, Operations, etc.
- Responsible for every layer of the stack: Backend, Operations, Web, Desktop, Mobile, Integrations etc.
- Responsible for Big Data and Analytics Platforms, Supply Chain Platforms, NoSQL non-relational (row-major and column major) Databases, Datawarehouses, Billing and Payment platforms, Recommendation Engines, Experimentation Platforms, Mapping Infrastructure, Caching, Transactional Systems, eCommerce, etc.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals
- Communicate the company's technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Lead the innovation research and development efforts
- Establish trusted advisor relationships at senior and executive levels
- Provide technical direction to delivery on key transition and transformation initiatives
- Promote and drive innovation and thought leadership in the industry
Key competencies required:
- Analytical : Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Design : Generates creative solutions
- Problem Solving : Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Project Management : Develops project plans
- Technical Skills : Assesses own strengths and weaknesses
- Managing People : Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
- Planning/Organizing : Prioritizes and plans work activities
Experience in technologies like Java, J2EE, PHP, LAMP, Android/iOS, Big Data, Search Algorithms, Analytics, SEO Optimizations, SEM Campaigns, SugarCRM, Social Widgets, CodeIgniter, NoSQL database, Solr, Agile/ Kanban/ SCRUM etc.