Responsible for driving improvement in the supplier base by reducing PPMs, improving process and tooling capabilities and ensuring consistency in meeting QCD parameters. Manage new process reengineering projects and production process modification at suppliers end as a technical expert
1. Formulate the policies and performance parameters for premium suppliers. Work with Category Managers, Product Designers, ME and Quality to define the parameters for important supplier performance KPIs such as; PPM, Delivery precision, parts failure frequency, etc.
2. Analyse the results of supplier ratings carried out by Plant Materials and Supplier Audit results. Identify key areas of improvement for suppliers and work with suppliers to identify improvement projects, including CAPEX required and a business plan for implementing the improvement project
3. Develop supplier base at company with a view to develop the capabilities of suppliers in terms of quality, cost, delivery & technological capabilities well beyond minimum standards required by company
4. Work towards a culture where company can develop identified LTS in a manner such that Direct On Line (DOL) arrangements can be entered into with suppliers
5. Identify innovative practices in company s manufacturing process and design programs to transfer such manufacturing processes to identified LTS for capability development and process efficiency improvement
6. Work with suppliers to study the manufacturing process in order to eliminate waste, expose quality problems through line stoppages and convince suppliers management to address root cause of the problem
7. Work with Plant Head and Business Unit Head to raise the bar of expectations from LTS suppliers. Work with LTS suppliers to ensure that they are meeting the revised standards by continuously monitoring their processes and streamlining the processes
8. Design incentive programs for suppliers to make continuous improvements by working closely with Category Managers and BU Materials Head. Ensure that improvements made by suppliers is awarded with incentives such as an increase in share of business or an opportunity to co-develop a new program, etc.
9. Develop multilateral modes for supplier development by creating a suppliers forum for imparting and sharing information in the supplier community. Organize regular seminars, study group meetings, training courses and presentation of members achievements in various matters including cost, delivery, quality and development
Knowledge of process engineering by using methodologies such as TPM, Lean, etc.
Knowledge of standard engineering practice
Knowledge of PPAP, APQP, SPC, FMEA, Control plan formation and a variety of manufacturing processes
Experience in management process improvement techniques such as Lean, Six Sigma
Understanding of Gantt Charts, PERT Charts and Project Management tools