Within the Real Estate business unit, teams are formed to manage the strategy, planning, design, construction and commissioning of all corporate real estate (ie offices, data centres, wellness facilities, etc). This role is within the Capital Projects department which generally takes the lead on projects.
At this time the department is expanding in order to support the expanded project workload and specifically the Bangalore Development Project (BDP). BDP when constructed will be a 1M+ sf headquarters building in Bangalore, allowing for the expansion of our operations and also to consolidate staff from multiple facilities into one. This ambitious development has completed core/shell design and is currently going through design of interiors, as well as the start of core/shell construction on site.
- Lead the Tenant Fitout Project Management team and report directly to the EMEA/Bangalore Head of Capital Projects. This includes both direct supervision of staff, consultants, contractors, etc as well as day to day management of the Tenant Fitout works (design and construction)
- Key member of the BDP Leadership Team, representing tenant fitout, with direct interfaces with the Global Co-Head of CSRE in addition to all members of Leadership.
- Secure approval of Tenant Fitout project strategies, philosophies and design concepts. This includes planning, design, procurement, construction and migration.
- Integrate Tenant Fitout design with the Business Plan, Workplace Plan, Operational Plan and Programme with a view towards making certain that all design reflects and adopts all Planning input.
- Manage individual resources and talent, internally and externally, to maximize the contributions of all to the overall development.
- Overall commercial management of all Tenant Fitout design consultancy services, construction contracts and all other procurement vehicles.
- Overall management of product quality as represented by both design and implementation
- Overall management of Tenant Fitout design and construction contracts, ensuring compliance to scope, budgets and schedule commitments.
- Overall and primary interface management with the Core/Shell team to ensure that the overall design and construction of both core/shell and interiors are meeting the programmatic commitments to scope, budget and schedule
- Manage all stakeholder interfaces including but not limited to OGS (Office of Global Security), Technology, HCM (Human Capital Management), Hospitality, DMG (Document Management Group), CSO (Critical Systems Operations), FM (Facility Management), etc. with a view towards a collaborative and conclusive satisfaction of stakeholder needs.
- Manage all Tenant Fitout design in balance to the needs of the operational groups regarding operational efficiencies, sustainment, energy management, operational safety, lifecycle costing, maintainability, etc.
- 15-25 years experience building, leading, and managing design and construction projects. Prefer at least 5+ years with an owner/developer organization. Also must have a minimum of 5+ years developing fit-out projects in the Bangalore market, in a senior level role with direct responsibility for quality of product delivery
- Educational background in Engineering, Architecture, Surveying, etc is highly desirable in addition to working experience levels identified.
- Above average ability to interface and communicate comfortably with all levels of Management from boardroom to construction site.
- Proven ability to strategize complex design and construction issues.
- Track record of successfully leading individuals and teams.
- Proven commercial experience managing and administering design and construction contracts.
- Extensive experience in control of cost, schedule, quality, change management, and risk management.
- Natural ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple owner representative stakeholders and to drive decisions at all levels within a project.
Desirable but not mandatory professional licensing in engineering, architecture, surveying, etc.
- Functional Expertise Proven innovator and experienced project leader on complex, global projects across multiple stakeholder teams. Thriving in a fast paced, highly pressurinzed and collaborative environment while demonstrating clear focus, dedication and enjoyment to delivering the end product.
- Technical Skills Demonstrates strong design, construction and operational capabilities with practical innovation gained through delivery of services. Sound financial/analytical skills.
- Drive and Motivation Self-motivated, focused on continuously driving, delivery excellence through all development stages and conditions. Challenges set ideas or assumptions in a proactive and collaborative manner.
- Client and Business Focus Effectively handle difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and stakeholders, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations.
- Teamwork Must be a team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions.
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Employer has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
- Communication Skills Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others.
- Judgement and Problem solving Review scheduled works to ensure all aspects of the work or project are well thought through. Always looking at mitigating risk and ensuring there is a well thought through back out plan.
- Creativity/Innovation Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
- Influencing Outcomes Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations