- Responsible for successful identification, acquisition, implementation & management of technology to enhance the organisation's competitiveness & productivity.
- The role holder is responsible for leading the Technology function globally.
- Technical Capability building, best practice sharing and implementation, efficient management of capital assets, Electrical, mechanical and engineering services forms a major part of the role.
- Additionally the role is also responsible for providing strategic direction and guidance to Technical Schools in each region.
- The role holder is also responsible for defining key strategies, advice on new technology, benchmarking global operations, technical audits and ensuring high standards are maintained across Units and locations.
- Oversee, implement and guide the Technical Services across Units globally
- Effective utilization of technical CAPITAL assets at all times aligned to overall business objectives
- Ensure efficiencies through effective technology transfer and training
- Cost reduction & technology enhancement through well-defined Technology strategy and continuous improvement
- Facilitating Implementation of new projects
- Benchmarking with Global Technologies externally and across units
- Defining and facilitating Technical Audits globally
- CAPEX & Asset Maintenance and Management
- Global Project management as well as monitoring major expansions
- Continuous interface with technology partners globally
- Engineers (preferably MBAs) with 10-16 years of experience with reputed manufacturing organisations.
- Knowledge of Quality Management concepts like TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in terms of machine design/ development / process improvement would be an added advantage.
- Promoter of Technological excellence
- Technology Visionary
- Technology Supporter
- Safeguarder Company's Technology process
- Deliverer of Projects Globally
- Champion of Processes globally
- Involved in business related issues
- Having & promoting Knowledge Management
- Good in Benchmarking