PURPOSE OF THE ROLE :
The role holder is responsible for implementation of an effective Sales & Marketing
Management strategy for the unit/hotel/property in close alignment with the Business Strategy
and works under the leadership of the General Manager / Head of Sales of the unit .
Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values and the brand ethos
Integrity & Honesty
Interactive yet responsible communication
Devotion to duty
Respect for Individuals
- Implement the standard operating procedures to improve the process & performance
- Assists for planning and development the marketing and promotional strategies for increase the sales and revenue
- Ensure all the team members have allocated targets and periodic review conducted on their performance
- Ensure Revenue plan objectives are achieved through implementation and regular monitoring of the action plan
- Identify the right methods to increase business volume
- Implement the organization strategy for advertising, sales promotion, road shows, personal selling, publicity, community relations, special sales projects, etc.
- Implement special programs for increase average room rate , overall occupancy, business volume during off-peak periods, local Food & Beverage and Banquet Sales
- Conduct Market research and develop new marketing strategies and new products and services to achieve the maximum revenue
- Organize and co ordinate all major sales/ PR related functions to ensure high awareness of the hotel in the national and international media
- Promote Food & Beverage Department special projects to stimulate Food & beverage sales
- Ensure proper implementation of all the internal promotion and these are as per the brand standards
- Interacts and communicate with Government Tourist offices, local Hotel Associations, Convention Bureaus, Airlines, Travel Agents, Tour Operators, competitors and other members of the local community
- Oversees the selling and servicing of group business
- Ensure monitoring of competitors activities and strategies
- Plan and executes all the sales trips and attend major travel functions to promote sales of the hotel.
- Ensure monthly sales and forecast report to send to the Management
- Ensure customer satisfaction in all level
- Develop all the promotional materials for improve the sales
- Scrutinize and analysis the potential markets through review Sales and Front Office correspondence, guest questionnaires, government statistics on visitors, competition's sales/promotion efforts , various reference and industry publications for sales leads
- Maintain retention of regular customers and ensure procure new and repeat business for the hotel by maintaining regular contact with the customers.
- Recommend the advertising plan which will be most productive for the hotel after analyze the market effectiveness of past advertising campaigns and consulting with other Department Heads and the Advertising Agency
- Analyze and monitor the variations from the budget and take necessary corrective actions