Search Engine Marketing:
- You'll manage our PPC campaigns with an aim towards maximizing conversions of both affiliate sales and user registration. You'll optimize by testing ad text, bidding, and keyword changes as well on-page A/B testing.
- You'll conduct keyword and market research to determine new PPC campaigns for us to run.
Search Engine Optimization:
- You'll need to have a deep understanding of SEO so that you are capable of developing a long-term SEO strategy to raise the organic rankings of important keywords and meet traffic goals.
- You'll define and implement our SEO best practices for on-page content, URL structures, page titles, meta-data and anchor text.
- You'll utilize reporting tools to systematically track and improve natural search performance. You'll identify keywords where we can gain significant traffic with low difficulty. You'll develop a strategy for how to gain backlinks.
Public Relations & Social Media:
- You'll reach out to the media to generate positive buzz about our company. You'll maintain relationships with bloggers and journalists that we can call upon when necessary.
- You'll create and manage a strategy for high user engagement on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Content Marketing, SEM, SEO, PR & Social Media all contribute to User Acquisition. But it's still worth separating User Acquisition into it's own responsibility because you'll constantly be asked to figure out what we can do to attract and keep new users. How do bring users to our sites and how can we generate buzz around our products
- You'll be responsible for making very data driven decisions on where we should focus our efforts to attract new users.
Building a Team:
- As the Head of Online Marketing, you'll hire to complete the marketing team.
- We're a young startup so this process will be gradual, but it will be one of the most important things you do over the time you work for us
- Track conversions and revenue from affiliate merchants so that we can highlight offers/discounts from merchants who are converting well.
- Report to executive team on trends and concerns with our affiliates
- Help the Business Development team target merchants that are likely to enter into affiliate marketing relationships or those that are already participating in affiliate marketing but could be enhanced with a direct relationship.
- Be on a constant watch for new affiliate programs and quickly begin marketing activities related to those new affiliate programs
- Monitor performance of our email marketing and newsletters.
- Work with company founder to determine the direction of our websites in a way that will aide the marketing process.
- Analyze our competition to determine where we can improve.
- Implement and manage our Display Marketing initiative