Will be an individual contributor and spearheading the role from Mumbai. The Head-Legal will serve the needs of the organization and all its branches in India.
- Will provide legal advice and guidance to senior management in India on a wide range of issues, including but not limited to corporate contracts, litigation and claims, corporate issues, business structures and models, M&As, property related issues, employment issues, and insurance and reinsurance regulatory issues.
- The role also includes risk management where the incumbent is expected to anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Company.
- Provide analysis and counsel on a range of legal issues, including corporate issues, business structures and models, M&A, property related issues, employment issues, insurance and reinsurance
- Oversee the drafting and review of contracts and related documents for the procurement or provision of goods and services, confidentiality of proprietary information, employment, leases of space and equipment, and software licenses.
- Analyse a broad range of complex laws and regulations affecting the operations of the Company including those arising from corporate structures and business models
- Represent the Company and/or senior executives and managers in legal proceedings and/or supervise such representation,
- Engage outside counsel on complex legal issues, and supervise and coordinate all work sent to external law firms
- Anticipate and identify legal issues of concern to the senior management team and develop legal strategies and solutions, often in situations of high risk with limited time for assessing alternatives.
- Work closely with regional heads of finance, human resources and compliance in relation to reviewing business practices/ corporate structures, training and investigations.
- Law Graduates (admitted to practice in India) with 7-20 years of post-qualification experience. Preferably experience in working in-house with an MNC BFSI or with reputed law firm.
- Must have handled review, drafting and negotiation of documentation.
- Must have excellent drafting skills