We have been retained by one of the Premier Banking Global In-House Capitve to identify a Lead for their Performance Planning & Analytics team within their Finance Operations. Location is Chennai.
Role Title: Head - Performance Planning & Analytics
Role Grade: Senior Vice President (SVP)
Generic Job Role:
Senior Finance Professional and Leaders for Planning and Budgeting process. Conduct & Monitor BAU operations efficiently, periodically and proactively review transformation/ change needs for effecting relevant changes, partner with relevant leaders and colleagues to strategically deliver roadmap for process design, finance systems to support the planning and associated processes. Manage the yearly planning process for finance from initiation to consolidation with reporting for senior management.
Reports to (Direct): Global Lead for Performance Planning & Analytics
Reports to (Indirect): Head - Finance Operations
Direct Reports: SVPs, VPs, AVP- s, Sr Mgrs
Provide leadership in partnering and creating a specialized budget and planning function for finance from existing processes. Scoping and defining associated actions and activities cutting across finance, hubbing/ centralization of activities, transformation and improvements resulting in the process to be efficient and effective and ensuring user friendly process. The BAU process includes responsibility of running the process on a yearly basis from initiation to reporting to senior management and board. This includes thought leadership and execution of budget strategy, defining resource allocation principles, process capabilities and toolsets across the function.
- Participate, contribute and partner with GPM and global head of planning.
- Performance analytics in driving the budget and planning process across the bank.
- Partner with other senior leaders and stakeholders on various initiatives, actions in line with the overall objectives of group for budgeting and planning.
- Lead the team to develop a strategic roadmap for budgeting tools which will include modelling capabilities, consolidation and reporting.
- Should be able to run end to end process redesign exercises across the function to understand the pain areas and provide recommendations for a more efficient and effective budget process.
- Should be able to collect voice of the geographies to understand data dependencies and process bottlenecks in the budget process.
- Own the execution of redesigned process within the finance function.
- Should be able to evaluate toolsets and technologies in this space.
- Providing an efficient and effective management direction for all processes and activities. Introduce and maintain high quality standards within the process.
- Embed a culture of continuous process improvement for efficiencies and strategically work for consistent evaluation and realizing effectiveness and process efficiencies.
- Ensuring that an effective system of financial & operational controls are introduced, maintained and continually enhanced.
- Build and Sustain robust technology engagement to drive relevant delivery outcomes.
- Engage senior stakeholders / business CFO's to drive conversations in agreeing to deliver a shared agenda of improvements/enhancements within these processes.
- As a Finance senior leader, contribute to the strategic development of the centre and support driving Finance MGs collective agenda.
- Work with HR to enhance the talent / skill sets to meet the growing complexity and needs of PMR. Ensure that right talent is attracted and retained for all key roles and work with HR to structure right compensation for the division. Actively work on attrition management for the unit. Create sufficient bench to manage attrition efficiently.
- Evaluate opportunities for continuously promoting employee engagements. Encourage employees on their creativity, learning and development, CSR etc.
- As applicable, participate and drive finance transformation agenda across all teams within performance information services team and as required pan Finance / GIC.
- Partner with GPM and leaders to design and implement Standard Global Processes across varied areas of Performance Management and to track implementation effectiveness and gaps on a continued basis.
- Global Process Manager (GPM)
- CFOs & Financial Controllers
- Business heads of Finance, Group Leaders
- CEO, HR Leads, Ops Risk, Internal Audit, Legal & Compliance,
- Head of Enterprise Change
- Peers, DRs
- External auditors, local and overseas
- Senior members of other Finance Operations in the industry.
Key Competencies and Experience
A seasoned Finance Professional with a leading Global Financial Institution.
- Experience of having led a senior and experienced team of professionals.
- Substantial experience of banking, depth and breadth of knowledge in processes especially in the areas of Budgeting and Planning.
- A business executive with strong analytical and strategic planning exposure, coupled with a thorough grasp of corporate development and finance experience.
- Ability to build design and build structured processes with relative consensus of key leaders in the wider organization.
- Ability to understand and connect to business drivers and rationale for and application of those relevant to the process. Building the analytics team further.
- A leader and a team player with the management ability and track record to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team.
- Ability to culturally orient in a diverse and international team environment and lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
- Effective communication skills, including experience in presenting and influencing senior management.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where he / she does not have direct authority and deliver on responsibilities effectively.
- Leadership & coaching experience of people with / without a direct reporting relationship.
- Strategic/innovative thinking capability and balanced commercial prudence.
- Significant experience of working with senior management team and of interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Will need to quickly establish credibility when representing the Group, presenting a positive, persuasive and professional presence, and have excellent communication, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Chartered Accountant or MBA with 15+ years of core finance experience in budgeting and planning for large entities for group/head office consolidations.
- Strong understanding of financial industry, specifically banking products and services
- In-depth knowledge of the drivers of businesses performance and relevant key performance measures of Banking business
- Understanding of key technologies in this area
- A strong understanding of a bank- s/large entity budget process, resource allocation guidelines and factors impacting financial planning.
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines
- Make sound decisions (or influence making sound decisions) based on business priorities
- Comfortable dealing with incomplete information, uncertainty, change and dealing with ambiguities
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent people leadership and management skills.
- Strategic mindset and strong analytical capabilities
- Leadership skills and ability to influence others in decision making
- Relationship and stakeholder management competencies
- Creates self-directed teams
- Initiative and proactive thinker